Monday, August 31, 2009

Life is like a box of Chocolate.

This past year has been such a trying one. I've had days where I didn't even wanna get out of the bed. During this year, I have even turned to addicting substances such as alcohol & even marijuana. I felt as if my only option left was to give up. In fact, I almost did... Recently, I've seen the light; life can only be as good as you make it. & as of now & on, life is gonna be fabulous. Nothing and no one will hold me back ever again. Letting go of all the pain and heart-ache. My time is NOW. I am thankful for every trial & tribulation that God has put me through, for it weren't for them I wouldn't be where and who I am today. And that person, I have grown to love and adore unconditionally.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean I'm goin' to put down my swisher or throw away my bottle of Gin. But in time, I will do right. All change comes through time. And because of this don't judge me. I bet your hands are just as filthy as mine. Let us wash them together.


Just like you, I have been lied to, cheated, and treated unjustly. But unlike you, I have not let that cause a permanent negative impact upon myself. I am an ambitious, beautiful, intelligent, talented, sixteen year old setting standards, raising bars, highering goals, lowering tolerance, going places, and leaving irrelevent people behind.

The devil has put up his best fight to bring me down, but no. I stand tall and I shout NO! No, you will not bring me down. No, you will not make me lose faith. No, you do not hold my future. No, you do not have control over my mind. And no, you have no place in my heart. Never have and never will. I do believe that I am a child of God, therefore no weapon formed against me shall prosper.

At the end of a trying day, I simply lay my head to rest with hopes of a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment